I'm not really looking for advice but just a place to whine self-indulgently for a second.

Do you ever worry that you're going to be alone when you're older? My two closest friends are moving away soon to other countries, my twin sister has already gotten married and is expecting a kid in September and my older brother is due to get married next year.

And then there's me. A 30 year old guy that's split up with his first and only gf of 2 years (who, additionally, has barely said two words to me since we broke up), a guy whose social circle is pretty much entirely work colleagues now (most of whom are 20 years older than me and not particularly good company outside of work) and the only current ray of sunshine in my personal life is the infrequent meet-ups with other UK Playgrounders. It also seems like most of the women in my life are either married/expecting kids or not interested in anything further.

I know how to fix all this stuff - sign up with a dating website, try evening classes with stuff I find interesting, etc. It's just....a little depressing at the moment, coming back to an empty flat each evening alone. I've done it for the past 12 years, so there's no risk of me doing anything really stupid but.....

I'm sure it'll pass though. I usually try to find a way to keep myself distracted.