View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #968
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    I feel like the linework used for the mouth and nose is too thin on Scoots, and the sword dude's pantaloons make it look like he has no hips (might just be me). I also feel like there's a case for making Scoots' eyebrows a little thicker.
    Your right about Scoots, I should have touched it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    In regards to my own colouring, I'm currently trying to ween myself off the blur tool and possibly do some work with harder shadows. It's hard because I really like the blur effect but I don't want to be reliant on it.
    I actually have never really used the blur/sharpen tool with shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    She doesn't really have any hips, on account of being a young teenage type, I believe. That in mind, I think the proportions work.

Also pantaloons always look slightly ridiculous, so that's kind of working as intented.
    The Tiki Snakes is correct, as I said, I was going for a Pippi Longstocking build, a rather wiry figure rather then fuller womanly figure. She is supposed to be able to pass as a man though, so the disguise works! Yet, the design still in the transformative stage, she's of ambiguous age (13-18) and it shows in the height and so on. So the proportions are a bit off. It was more of a random idea of the evening type thing. To be spat out and thrown away after a good night's sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    To be honest I very much prefer the little thumbnail than the two whole figures; on those, I have nothing much else to say that I haven't said before.
    Yet, as I said in my post before the last, I'm still not too sure what exactly you are referring too. Color choice is off, yes, but how so? There are a dozen different ways the color choice can be off (and is off). I can only work on improving a few things at once as I can be a slow man at times, so please excuse me.
    Are you referring to contrast? Should my highlight colors be lighter, shading colors darker? Stop being so timid and get rid of the muggy smoggy effect by working on choosing bolder contrasting colors?
    Does the image on the right seem better then the one on the left?
    Mechanically done, but it's just an example.
    Spoiler
    Show

Link

Or are you referring to something else other then the smoggy colors?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    The idea was that they were walking, but she was stopped mid-stride for a hug, idk; I guess the fact that it's not immediately obvious is my fault. I see what you mean about the lashes, though, they are a bit too long.
    That body position does work if AJ suddenly hugged Dash from behind while she was walking and pulled her back on right foot midstride leaving the left up in the air. But Dash's arm position on AJ and expression looks too controlled and calm for the picture to be of a sudden action like that. You would think she would lower her right foot and re-balanced herself as she hugged her back rather then leaving it in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    @Bakuel: Pantaloon girl seems to have bizarre legs, though it might be just the style. They honestly look more like pony legs to me (thinness notwithstanding), since the calf muscle has been put so high.
    I see what you mean. Stylistic abstractions aside, I did put the thigh muscles too high.
    Last edited by Bakuel; 2012-06-27 at 09:10 PM.