View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 2

1. - Top - End - #240
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGirl

frown Re: Personal Woes and Advice 2

Thaco, I just saw your post. I am so sorry to hear about your chickies! It is so hard to lose a pet, but there is no pain that cannot be made worse by wondering ... @was it my fault? Did I miss something?"

We do the best we can to care for our pets. Sometimes our best isn't enough. That you yourself suffered from heat stroke tells me there really wasn't anything you could have done differently.

My deepest condolences to you. How terrible to lose all three of your pets. Please take care of yourself. Let us know how you are doing, okay?

Sparky, It sounds to me that you really do have quite a lot to cope with ... not only your relationship on hiatus, but the effort of caring for others who are also going through a tough time.

You have my sympathy, friend. I suggest that in times like this, a good tactic is to go to the movies.

I recommend the movies because it is a way of being with a friend without having to give too much sympathy. Also, if you are in the heat wave with the rest of us, movie theaters are blessedly cool. You and your friend can have the mutal support of each others' company, without having to say much. And movies offer a little escape .... which is not a bad thing at a time of stress.

You can combine the movie with a chat, if you are up to it. But I recommend that that happen before the movie, so it is limited, and that you have an "appointment" to keep after the movie, so you are not expected to linger indefinitely.

-Monkey.
    Last edited by MonkeyBusiness; 2012-06-30 at 06:56 PM.

"I don't swear just for the hell of it." -Henry Drummond, Inherit the Wind