[Main Room]

"A grizzly bear? Ooh, I did some fun experiments with some of them when I was younger, and much less experienced. They didn't turn out too well back then, I was getting a little ahead of myself. But if I tried again now..."

Isabelle sits herself down on the couch next to Maggy, keeping Cedric on the shoulder further away from him, which will hopefully give him some small comfort.

Cedric isn't shrieking either, which probably helps.

"One thing that did work was my attempt to make a two-headed bear, but the two heads didn't get along too well. All those weird animals and beasts with multiple heads must have developed like that in a very slow and controlled manner, because just giving an animal an extra head basically renders it incapable of doing anything."

Isabelle falls silent for a moment as she considers what she'd do if given a bear to work with now. Eventually she speaks up again, "Bears aren't the best tools to work with, they're big dumb strong animals, so their only real use is something that takes advantage of their size and strength. Trying to do anything other than improve their current abilities is pointless because there's going to be a better animal to work with. So I'd probably work on making the grizzly a bit faster, strengthen the muscles in its legs, maybe adjust its shape a little so it's still strong but not quite so bulky. I could give it a poisonous bite and venomous claws, so even a single swipe or bite from it could potentially be lethal. There might be a way to add some sort of fancy tail to it. Not sure what would work and what that'd achieve, but I could definitely give it some sort of tail. The other main thing, something I try and do to every animal I can, is to improve their intelligence significantly, so they can be easily trained for their new role."

Isabelle nods, seemingly content with that answer. Bears aren't the best creatures for her to use, but she can still do something with it.

And then after a moment she jumps up as another idea strikes her. "I know! I could do something with the bear's eyes! Turn them into something more like cat eyes, so the grizzly gets much better vision at night. Then if I adjust its brain just right, I can probably remove its need for sleep, and make a guard-grizzly that can stand watch 24/7! I might need a few specimens because brain work is always tricky and usually takes a few shots to get right, but it'd definitely be worth it."