Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
I found out about OOTS from a D&D player who really liked OOTS. There was no reference, just "read this it's funny and ha D&D stuff".
I found ponies first, OOTS second. I owe the bronies on MMOC for showing it to me.

And it all kinda blurs from there. I was searching for ya, but for some reason "look at panels" never occurred to me. They are so rarely something I would consider worth my time at a convention... Darn.

I'll just have to like, post my room number next time.
I don't even remember the name of the hotel. Like I said, I was being treated, and all that info wasn't really up to me. But it was the hotel where everyone else was. I think if I had the choice, I'd go alone. I liked the panels more than the vendors. Anything I would have wanted was either A. sold out immediately (there was a fantastic Spitfire image at one of them, by the time we saw it, it was already sold. Plushies of course went super fast), or B. Ungodly expensive. See plushies. Though they were a lot cheaper than I would have thought. When you see em going on eBay for thousand of dollars, you get shocked when some of em aren't even triple digits.

The sound quality was very... Interesting. I had the magical power of always wing somewhere that the speakers didn't interfere with themselves and I could hear perfectly. Whenever I let somepony else choose the seats? Garbled noise.

It was unfortunate, though. A lot of amateur con errors. Volume was too middling, so the soft speakers still sounded mumbly and the loud speakers created issues. Several non-professional presenters were asked to repeat because they couldn't keep the mic by their mouths. An there was that unfortunate minute-long feedback spike at one point, where all the VAs just sort of looked at the presenter until he moved his mic away.
Yeah, lots of issues. It was because I was there :p I was going to say that in their defense, it was by far the biggest one yet, so they didn't know how to handle it, but I don't know how experienced the staff is, how well they knew the convention center, and whatnot.

Anyway, not sure if it was mentioned here, but MLP Online beta is ready http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/0...-releases.html