View Single Post

Thread: Questions of a weird mind

1. - Top - End - #802
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Questions of a weird mind

What I read was that That Scottish Play usually requires few actors, and very little in the way of sets, so was usually put on by small budget theatre troupes who needed to make next month's rent. And being low on budget, there were many safety precautions that might have been skipped. Also, they may not have been all that good, so, failing to make the rent, they'd be booted off the premises, giving the impression that the play led to their demise.

Interesting question I semi-answered last night. How do you cure running deafness(kind of like when you blow your nose while pinching it shut)? I told the guy that it was probably caused by having a congested ENT(Ear Nose Throat) system, because it usually only occurs in conjunction with a blocked nose for me(and typically clears up when the weather is less cold/rainy). Am I far off the mark? Is there a solution(beyond drinking more water, but that has its own problems if you're running shortly after). Also, that guy apparently had low blood pressure, which doesn't apply to me. Any relation to the condition?

Edit: Regarding the colour test.

Online ColorIQ Challenge Results
    Your score: 83
    FM Hue Test Results
    A lower score is better, with ZERO being the perfect score. The bars above show the regions of the color spectrum where hue discrimination is low.
    I thought I did pretty well for 5 minutes' work. The bars were all low(is that good?) except at the blue/green region.

Apparently not.

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

Your score: 83
    Age range: 30-39
    Best score for your gender and age range: 0
    Highest score for your gender and age range: 1520
    I do actually have fairly good colour differentiation skills(I mean, I do model kits, and slight hue differences are my cue as to whether I cleaned up the sprue marks enough), so I think it was more a lack of time on my part.
    Last edited by AtomicKitKat; 2012-07-03 at 08:55 PM.
    President of the Society for Hobgoblin Equality in Level Adjustment(SHELA)

Glowing Kitty from Lilly
    Wren Worgatar by Mephibosheth
    The Living Bullet!
    Unusual Inner Animal Avatar from Quincunx.
    Whenever you mention Pun-pun*SQUELCH!*, Ao kills another Kobold.
    Everytime someone says "Pazuzu" twice, Ao erases them on the next "Pa". Then he undeletes them so he can wipeinfo them from the multiverse.
    Everytime you kill a catgirl, I get more company.