The Guardian contemplates Otrino's question. He seems slightly surprised that the wizard chose to speak. "Hmmm... As far as I know, the corpses have to be the result of very recent deaths. I have never performed this ritual, so I am not sure how recent exactly, but I would say in the same day. You can see the barren wasteland I live in. There aren't large settlements nearby, and those are mostly peaceful. If you were to go west of the Dark Wood, I'm afraid there would not be enough time for me to reach you."

"I mentioned another way, because there is always another way. For example, you could go and murder a dozen people for the sake of releasing the curse. That is not for me to decide - although it would be decidedly easier - but it does not seem worth the effort, to slay twelve weak men in order to lift a curse from another weak man. I would not see the point of this. This is why I am suggesting we meet at a battle location."

The man suddenly stands up. "Oh, on a related note, I will pay for that sunflower seed. I have some valuables I use, from time to time. But they always were useless as a means to fetch that seed."