1. - Top - End - #875
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Operation: Karrotfarmer is going according to plan. Man, I didn't realize how much I MISSED Feral. Haven't so much as dabbled in it in (6? ) years, I had no idea how fun it was.
    Operation: Karrotfarmer might be extended into a futher plan. Operation: Mastery whereby I learn all 4 druid specs via Karoht and Karotfarmer.

@Money Making, Current and MoP

If a guild works together on it, a Vial of Sands is rather cheap. Raw mats cost is quite low, if you have a Goblin Alchemist it's even cheaper due to Goblin Ratial Discount on the vendor mats (the stuff you have to buy AKA the gold sink). Actual materials costs is 5K or less, sell price at 15K sells quite well.

In MoP we have the Jewelcrafting mounts. 5 of them to be precise. And from datamined information, we know that the creation of these mounts will work similarly.
    So a guild could in theory crank those out if they work together, farmable materials looks to be not that much, vendor mats are kind of expensive though, so a Goblin involved will lower that cost all the more. There may be other things a guild will need beyond that, but it's worth keeping an eye on, and likely will be a great money maker if guilds work together.

@Challenge Modes
    I was trying to think of some other metrics that Challenge Modes could measure, other than how fast you clear. Perhaps something a bit more relaxed pace, where speed wouldn't necessarily be an advantage.

Challenge Mode-Damage Taken
    This mode measures how much damage everyone in the group takes. It is not affected by any mitigating stats, such as armor on tanks, cooldowns, priest bubbles, etc. If a hit lands on anyone, it measures the full unmitigated amount of damage.
    This mode would highly emphasize the use of CC, Stuns, Interrupts, Slowing/Kiting, watching your feet. It would be an amazing test of how well someone can play their class and still avoid all the avoidable damage.
    It would probably best be implimented on Scenarios rather than Dungeons.
    If implimented on the Raid level, I would suggest that the raid is no harder than normal mode, maybe even LFR difficulty, but still track the damage.
    It would also favor shorter dungeons or maybe even single boss encounters.

Example:
    Challenge-Gold Rank-10 million damage
    4 Trash Pulls, a mini boss or two, a trap gauntlet (think Frogger in Naxx, Flamethrowers in ZG) with easy trash, and 1 boss later, if the total damage taken by all players in the raid was below 10 million, huzzah, challenge complete.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-07-05 at 10:20 AM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."