1. - Top - End - #876
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Karoht View Post
    Challenge Mode-Damage Taken
    This mode measures how much damage everyone in the group takes. It is not affected by any mitigating stats, such as armor on tanks, cooldowns, priest bubbles, etc. If a hit lands on anyone, it measures the full unmitigated amount of damage.
    This mode would highly emphasize the use of CC, Stuns, Interrupts, Slowing/Kiting, watching your feet. It would be an amazing test of how well someone can play their class and still avoid all the avoidable damage.
    It would probably best be implimented on Scenarios rather than Dungeons.
    If implimented on the Raid level, I would suggest that the raid is no harder than normal mode, maybe even LFR difficulty, but still track the damage.
    It would also favor shorter dungeons or maybe even single boss encounters.

Example:
    Challenge-Gold Rank-10 million damage
    4 Trash Pulls, a mini boss or two, a trap gauntlet (think Frogger in Naxx, Flamethrowers in ZG) with easy trash, and 1 boss later, if the total damage taken by all players in the raid was below 10 million, huzzah, challenge complete.
    Interesting. But I think while it seems to favor CC if it was a single boss encounter (as mentioned in the quote) or a fair bit of trash, and it was the LFR difficultly I think it would become a max DPS thing as opposed to a smart play. If you are ignoring tanks Dmg Reduction, then a nuke and kite would lead to alot less dmg taken.

ie 10 high ranged DPS. Just bounce agro around and kite. 0 Dmg received.

----------------------
    WoW is still holding my attention. Pally Tank has been though LFR a few times, and gotta get my guild to do a 10 man normal to let me try that before I try Pugging it. My Shaman healer is @60, and all I can say is. I WANT RIPTIDE!
    Last edited by Hullabaloo; 2012-07-05 at 01:07 PM.