1. - Top - End - #877
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: World of Warcraft XIII: Even Aspects Get Nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
    Interesting. But I think while it seems to favor CC if it was a single boss encounter (as mentioned in the quote) or a fair bit of trash, and it was the LFR difficultly I think it would become a max DPS thing as opposed to a smart play. If you are ignoring tanks Dmg Reduction, then a nuke and kite would lead to a lot less dmg taken.
    That is sort of why I figure a Scenario fits the bill a bit better than a Raid or Dungeon. At least, better than a traditional model raid or dungeon.
    Also recall that just about every class has the option to spec into more CC/Snare stuff, even healers to most extents. So at that point it would also be a test of who can do their job, and sort of an off-role (snare/CC/contribute more damage/stun/kite), and avoid mechanics at the same time.
    Think of how many rogues can do amazing DPS. Now think of how many can do that AND still stunlock a mob and avoid damage at the same time?

How many Resto Druids are capable of shifting to Bear and Stunning a mob and shifting back without having the healing slip even a little?

ie 10 high ranged DPS. Just bounce agro around and kite. 0 Dmg received.
    Burn Phase Chimaeron says hello.
    Meteor + World in Flames on Phase 3 Heroic Ragnaros says hello.
    It's been done, it is still a challenge, and one that does demonstrate a high degree of skill. If the group can run with less healers because they are good, awesome. The composition of the group is already a part of the challenge to some degree.

WoW is still holding my attention. Pally Tank has been though LFR a few times, and gotta get my guild to do a 10 man normal to let me try that before I try Pugging it. My Shaman healer is @60, and all I can say is. I WANT RIPTIDE!
    I'm a Resto Druid and I want Riptide. It's a very very good healing mechanic.
    Last edited by Karoht; 2012-07-05 at 01:54 PM.
    ~~Courage is not the lack of fear~~
    Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    If the party wizard can't survive a supersonic dragon made of iron at epic levels it's his own fault really.
    "In soviet dungeon, aboleth farms you!"
    "Please consult your DM before administering Steve brand Aboleth Mucus.
    Ask your DM if Aboleth Mucus is right for you.
    Side effects include coughing, sneezing, and other flu like symptoms, cancer, breathing water like a fish, loss of dignity, loss of balance, loss of bowel and bladder control."