View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomish Wanderer View Post
    You both have lots more skill than I do.
    ... AHAHAHAHAH!!!! You are saying this to the guy who has been drawing for ten days. I don't think you should bash yourself so hard. Although I agree that flyingchicken is better than both of us (but if there's anything I've learned so far, that just means he's had more practice).

As for your sketch, I think the lower left corner of the muzzle/mouth needs some fixing, as well as the feet (and probably right hand too while we're at it). Left hand looks good, though the middle finger probably shouldn't stick out a little further than the others for no good reason (Only the first knuckle does that, which if facing directly towards the viewer). The left shoulder also might be a bit long. The arms and body look good though, as does most of the head (the ear also shouldn't connect so far forward on the head IMHO). Also, sickles have a much more curved shape. Hopefully that didn't tear into it too much, it's mostly just proportions and some perceived 2Dness.

----

Day 10:

I started playing Dwarf Fortress again a few weeks ago; I had forgotten how fun and absolutely hilarious that game is. A bit of an in joke, but have a dwarf being eaten by a carp, and a wheel of cheese.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The fish actually turned out to be decently difficult. It's harder to denote roundness without any shading.
    Time: About an hour
    Music: Pony
    Last edited by Madcrafter; 2012-07-05 at 01:57 PM.
    Devoted artificer of the church of Scorching Ray.