Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
But adrenaline rush is a huge game changer. Combine that with the ammo powers, and having access to every single type of gun, and no, the other classes can't play soldier. They can play like a soldier, but it'll be a sub par one without even half the massive DPS that defines the class.
Exceeeept...

I had all those. Seriously. I had a sniper rifle, specifically the widow, in ME2. I also had cryo, incendiary and warp rounds. I as the option to use the claymore (which I didn't, it sucked) and could have gotten assault rifles if memory serves.

So what was I missing out on, exactly?

You get to 3, and if I want bullet time I'll pack a concentration mod, and use a charge fr the weapon damage boost. Sure, I'm not gunning things down in five seconds (it takes almost seven!) but I can also lift enemies, detonate an area forever (sorry, grenades) deshield guardians, tactically control the field, and lay down area blocks for damage and herding.

And you're stuck with guns. Oh, and a really cool heavy melee. Concussive burst is almost as useful as my powers, you might have proximity mine, and that's it. Adrenaline rush I pretty cool; it's like hunter mode + tech armor without the cooldown or health loss. But it's a terrible class defining ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
Well, in ME2 I'd grant you. ME3 sort of gave the Soldiers shtick to others. Now anyone can use any weapon, and if you want the AR equivalent you can pick up Marksman from Ash. This pretty much just leaves ammo powers, but even then having one of the main damage ammo powers: Incendiary or Disruptor can be enough. Disruptor deals outrageous damage to two of the three defenses, as well as a bit against health the most common one, and Incendiary just straight up increases your weapon damage with extra benefit against armor. So, we end up getting Vanguards and Infiltrators pretty much can play soldier with more interesting gameplay.
That's what I did. Pretty fun, all told. Especially as I picked Vanguard specifically go it's Gish-style antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Binks View Post
Multiplayer base human soldier is pretty terrible IMHO. Krogan's not very fun either, at least compared to other Krogan classes. Turian Marksman makes some weapons very fun to use (Geth SMG comes to mind ).
I think you are prematurely discounting proximity mine, which is actually a fantastic power. Enough that they had to nerf it. Oncussice blast is also pretty useful with the ammo carrier. Suddenly I was causing more detonations than the biotics were.

Batarian and Vorcha are really the best soldiers in multiplayer because they have things to do besides just guns. The lack of powers, moving of ammo types to an equipment anyone can use and bullet time not being bullet time guts the human soldiers in multiplayer sadly.
Yeah, ammo being an item is kinda crap

The one thing Rush has going for it in multiplayer is something most people don't notice/care to use, it refills your current clip when activated. Firing a full clip from a revenant then hitting AR and firing a more accurate/higher damaging clip from the gun with no reload time is pretty effective. Still not good enough to justify playing the class in multiplayer though IMHO as the Turian Markman ability is better for it and the number of long reload time guns that are decent is pretty small (revenant, the grenade rifles that aren't that good due to lag, and one or two sniper rifles is about it).
It's discounted because it's not as useful as originally thought. It uses yor ammo reserves. So it's either a gimmick, or you camp the ammo dump for infinite daka. Which is neat! But not quite as good as using, say, concussive shot spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
I have a question for the board at large:

How many people here genuinely enjoy playing the Human Adept (Not Pheonix)?

Since the last buff to Shockwave, I play it instead AA when paired with another biotic. Shockwave is AMAZING at detonating and can set off more than one in one casting. It also has the highest BE boost (65%) and can set up combos with the last evolution. It takes better timing, though, since it only lasts a couple seconds, but if your partner is on the ball it can be immensely satisfying. Especially considering that the explosion will almost always slam the enemy straight into the ground (doesn't do extra damage, but it is hilarious).
I love the human adept. I actually ha a good ten page argument involving shockwave and it's usability. Which skyrocketed now that rank five isn't always "give me a useful range" like it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
I've tried Geth Infiltrator again, packing a Geth Plasma Shotgun and all the melee enhancements I could muster on Silver.

Hilariously fun, but not very effective since apparently Geth heavy melee drains shields >.> <.< Once I decloaked, I was easy pickings for anyone nearby, heaven help me if I had Hunter Mode on.

Also, I apparently can't use the GPS very well =P

Maybe I'll just play a Krogan instead for my melee fun =P
oh right.

I took the GPS out for a spin and it sucked. It ad absolutely no homing compared I what it used to, and would frequently miss highlighted target. And no, I wasn't using the smart choke. It just didn't want to work, and I was the host so that out.

Is it just me? I had to stop using it in favor of the GPSMG (geth engineer spec'd for medic duty).