Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
Do you guys think the samurai dude will join the crew? He would fit a lot better than Jinbei, IMHO
In what role?

Jinbei can play the vacant role of First Mate or from piloting back from Impel Down Helmsman if need be. Zoro isn't really one so it is open (I believe Strong World labels him Swordsman) and everyone else has a defined role.

That said I won't be suprised if the crew is actually static and finished. While Jinbei has an open offer I suspect it will never be fulfilled but instead he will become the nucleus of a growing ring of allied pirates who will assist the Straw Hats in whatever the big drama arc to end the story is. In theory Jinbei still has a crew of his own out there after all. Or he could join after Big Mom goes down. I'm rather open there, but I'd be very suprised if the crew grew much if any beyond that. It would start to become unwieldy as a cast.

Also what reason does samurai guy have to travel with the Strawhats? His goal is singular and rather achievable, rescue his son. That's not something open ended enough to let him poke around the world with ease. And if he rescues his son what reason does he have?

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
Too many swordsmen!
This too.

(On a side note I guess it is true that every arc the fandom start speculating that some character will join the crew)