View Single Post

Thread: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

1. - Top - End - #1004
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Ponythread Learns to Draw! Together!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    Bakuel, your coloring bothers me less now, I dunno why. Maybe it's because it's less mottled, or maybe I'm just in a good-ish mood.
    It's just because you're in a good mood.
    But who knows? Maybe that mood will last!

Seriously though, I have been trying to up the contrast and get rid of the old smoky look. So I'm glad there is some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingchicken View Post
    To get on the imitation bandwagon...well, more "inspiration" in this case, here's my own take on Samurai Applejack:

*snip*
    Wow, I really don't know what to say...
    You were inspired to draw Samurai Applejack and that is awesome.
    I need to remember to put freckles on the shoulder for my AJ! Also the hat+scarve chin thing is something I'll have to keep in mind if you don't mind. Though, while practical and realistic, then the hat can't fly off via dramatic circumstance.
    I can't think of anything constructive to say, too happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryn View Post
    Thanks!

Flyingchicken's given some good advice in the IRC channel, and I'm currently working on improving RD's head (which I finally realised is totally out of proportion with the rest of her body, but the position of the mouth and eyes are also not show-accurate and her head isn't really correct in perspective.)

I'll also be shortening the balcony - unfortunately redrawing the railing supports and their shadows is going to take a while. RD was intended to be flying past the door, perpendicular to the direction of the balcony, and the title was completely last-minute and I'll probably call it something else.

Twilight's expression was a problem - originally I wanted her to just be happy to see Dash arrive and gave her an expression like this one, and I still don't want her to necessarily be to annoyed or angry.

Don't mind at all, glad people like the idea enough to copy it

I guess, if you wanted to try this again, try drawing lots of perspective lines?

For me, part of the point of drawing this was to learn how to use the methods in Successful Drawing (Andrew Loomis). For illustration, I did it this way, though quite a few are likely not needed...
    *snip*
    Thanks for writing out that commentary on the scene. I never thought about actual using a (3d modeling?) program like that to help layout a scene though... Must try this later!

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Tumblr Post Two image Two, continuing the question whether we have our own elements!
    Spoiler
    Show
    The element of denial? The denial of bronyhood? I like.
    Is this tumblr a thing now?

Quote Originally Posted by Madcrafter View Post
    Day 13:

Incomplete sketches, one of the CMC from here (drawing from moving references is hard), a quick layout thing for an avatar request from the ponytar thread, and a sixty second copy of the samurai AJ.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Time: maybe 45 min
    Music: Well, the animation above. It loops.
    Oh hey, a CMC sketch! And a link!

Spoiler
    Show
    HNNNNNNNG!

Thanks for that link. It's 8 AM and after staying up all night I was about to go to sleep, but after seeing this, I feel like I could go on for a few more hours.
    This is the greatest thing.

Attempt 82, or "So I heard you liked corn."

Spoiler
    Show
    Another day, another coloring misadventure!
    Spoiler
    Show

Link
    Pony OCs. Eating corn. In a box. I dunno.
    I just finishing off a bundle of fresh corn I got for free, so I have been meditating on the power of corn on a cob. In this perfect other world though, corn doesn't have the odd strings that you have to remove! A true utopia. Alright, I just forgot to draw them.
    The coloring is dirty then yesterdays, but I just wanted to finish something. Today's pain was Medusa's snakes, for some odd reason, I couldn't get the coils to be right. Now I realize that the reason is because a couple are growing out of the back of the ear. Oh well. Also, the snakes are supposed to be helping/persuading her to eat, but one of the tail snakes just looks like it's eating the corn itself a little. C'est la'vie.
    Pony anatomy today is non existent.

What I Learned: I learned that I need to learn to color faster. Also, if you draw when your hungry, odd things will happen.
    Last edited by Bakuel; 2012-07-08 at 07:32 AM.