Quote Originally Posted by obryn View Post
You knew that the Cleric can do that only 1/round, right?

-O
Yes, but with a relatively low "to hit" bonus, the hobos weren't hitting reliably anyway, so it was frequently only needed once or twice a round.

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle Hunter
But... why didn't the kobolds dart in, attack, and then step back for the next kobold to do the same? The Fighter should have been taking over a dozen attacks each round and could only kill 1 (if Readied Attacks are permitted) without moving out from his position.

Or did the Kobolds use really bad tactics?
Did I mistype? They were fighting hobgoblins, not kobolds. Sorry if I had a typo there.

And the hobbos weren't darting around because, like I said, the fighter very carefully picked his spot so that there was only one possible avenue of attack (they'd spiked the back entrance) and that the hobos had no real choice but to engage in combat or, effectively, be sealed up in their caves forever.

The kobolds got bought off (again, the fighter's idea and execution, even with a low charisma, he combined the bribe with a very effective threat of bodily harm if the kobolds didn't see their way clear to running away to greener pastures).

The Goblins were actually brought in as allies. Again, fighter's execution here. He actually brought back a delegation to the keep (you guys did put the keep in your module, right?) and negotiated a truce and even trade agreements with the goblins provided they helped clear out the more aggressive hoobgoblins, orcs, and bugbears.

Again, good play that relied on more than what was explicitely called out on the character sheet.