Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
First off, Technic does not have permission to distribute about half the mods in the pack. To me, this is just plain rude, and I refuse to have anything to do with it. With programs like MultiMC and MagicLoader that can help you create your own custom mod pack quickly and easily, there's really no point to it anymore.

Ahem... sorry, let me step off of my soapbox and tell you about those little annoyances.

They're called Wisps, they're from Thaumcraft2. Basically, if you don't attack them, they won't attack you. However, finding them in your area is a good thing, because it means there's a high level of Vis there for you to collect and use. Watch out for the purple slimes, though. They also have a tendency to spawn around high vis areas, and can be a nuisance.

As far as geothermal, once you get eight diamonds, you may want to consider using Teleport Pipes. You can Waterproof them and hook them up to your lava pump. That way, when the volcano runs out of lava, you can easily move it to another location with copious quantities of lava. It won't work across the dimensional boundaries between the Nether and the World, and the Nether unloads when you leave it, which puts a damper on using nether lava to produce energy. Basically, you have to can it in the nether, hook it up to an EnderChest (which DOES work across dimensional boundaries), wait for it to load up while you're doing something else (like breeding hell bees), then head back.
Mod Stuff i dont know this is my first foray into Minecraft mods.

TelePipes sound good - but need to get a Mine up and running to get more diamonds first, currently i have a Pump in the nether that fills some tanks and i take a lot of buckets in there when i go (Nether Ore Explosions were a nasty shock!)

I had read about Ogres being able to destroy anything besides marble brick so i built my tower with it and was glad to have as one was doing a bang up job of flatting my lawn (and the animal pen, Machine shop, interior walls...)

Currently the top level of the Tower is a makeshift cacti farm to make enough Pipe waterproof to run pipe everywhere. And i have a small Cane farm under ground to produce Biofuel.