1. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    elixir is there because the deck is really reliant at heading off threats with duress, dispise, and my counter spells and I own no snap-casters, so exlir becomes "pay 3, get your spells back." I really wish I had space for ways to just go digging through my graveyard to get spells, but they're pretty much constantly out of my price range. Card draw would be nice, but well, I have really only 6 open slots and your land advice eats 4. would you feel cutting all bounce for removal + murder of crows work?

Unsummon > Vapor snag because I own unsummon, otherwise I agree.
    But you don't actually get them back. You just shuffle them into your deck, enabling you to possibly draw them again. Instead, you could just be playing more spells. I mean, unless you're plan is just to answer all of their cards and eventually deck them. But since you're playing creatures, I thought your plan was to attack them to death.

I suggested a Common that will let you get spells you want out of your graveyard: Archaeomancer.

I would just straight cut some combination of 4 cards from Duress and Despise. They're really weak late-game and you don't really have time to cast that many early. They're not universally useful and you don't actually want them in most matches.

You have to cut something for lands, because you just don't have enough to cast your spells in any reasonable time period. You have no cantrips to draw more lands and no other cards that help you get mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Really? I mean, High Tide has a fairly lengthy turn when it goes off, and that sometimes wins tournaments.
    The actual act of performing the combo is an infinitely looping action that you must perform over and over. Since the action doesn't advance the game state every time and you are going to perform it an indefinite number of times (because of the way the combo works, you can need to perform it anywhere between 10 and infinity times), performing the action is Slow Play and can/will result in a warning for Slow Play at any competitive-RL event.

High Tide doesn't require repeating an infinitely looping action, so unless you spend too much time thinking between actions on your combo turn, you probably aren't going to get very many Slow Play warnings playing it.

It's specifically that the combo requires an infinitely looping action and can't be short-cut that makes it prone to Slow Play warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    If every token is the same, couldn't you just do up a distribution and randomize it that way? Would be easier than doing a flip for each permanent.

I mean, you still have to use a computer, but at least it's faster.
    I mean, if you're going to carry around a computer and have the required knowledge, sure, I guess? I don't have the required knowledge to confirm or deny this.

I'm pretty sure you can't have a computer on the table during a tournament match, though. Not sure how you'd get this to work. You'd probably have to call a judge to resolve the Scrambleverse, in any case.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2012-07-10 at 11:40 PM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC