Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
Of Emeralds and Barnacle Teeth
Tales of the Dead Ship

Wayfarer's Point
26th of Amber's Fall

The port was alive as ships prepared to push off. Sails were raised, supplies loaded, and the occasional sound of cannon fire overwhelmed the port as ship after ship moved out. For the race was on. Ever since the Fanged Barnacle had limped into port two days ago the rumor had spread like wildfire. The Esmerelda; crown jewel of the Tirian Merchant fleet had been left crippled on the open waters after a fierce battle with the mighty Barnacle. And now every pirate who had ever fancied himself good with charts from that same ship was offering the location to the highest bidder. For the Esmerelda was no ordinary prize. That ship handled one of the longest and most profitable trade routes in the known world. There was enough on that boat for an entire crew to live off their lives in comfort.

Deck of the Dirty Hangman

The deck was alive as Jonathan stepped onto the ship. Quickly putting up a mental signal so that the crew would avoid running into him, he made his way up to the back of the ship.

"The wind is fair enough Captain Keeler. And I've inspected your ship. She's not much prepared for any long journeys but by my reckoning our prize should be only a day out to sea Perhaps two if the wind turns against us."

"It won't." Jonathan interrupted, a smile on his face. "I can make sure of that. Jonathan Hearth, a pleasure to be on your ship Captain."

A pleasure to have you if you can keep on to that promise mr. Hearth."

"And here I thought my reputation proceeded me."

Keeler grinned. "Oh I know who you are mage. We'll see if the man lives up to the legend."

At this Jonathan grimaced. "Legends have a habit of being greatly exaggerated. Nevertheless... Jonathan wavered for a moment before slipping into a tongue that made no sound. As he spoke the sails began to rise. "This I can do."

Spoiler
Show
Jonathan has added Fair Winds to the Hangman's course. Hangman's current score is 23

Deck of the Plunderer's Folly

As usual, you could never be sure just quite where Farlin had appeared from. Yet appeared he had right at Vasae's side.

"It is time to go now yes? Where must I go to correct the course of this ship?"

Spoiler
Show
the Folly's current score is 17 This means Rackham has a choice. Arrive at the Esmerelda shortly after the Hangman, try and pin down the Hangman (has an 8 modifier to its evade roll) with the added risk of losing points should they fail in this effort, or spend 5 points to attack the Hawk or the Fish before they reach the Esmerelda.

Deck of the Spotted Fish

As the ships set sail Captain Waters called up to the mage sitting in the Crow's Eye.

"Morgus! We're not going to be able to outpace some of these vessels. Can you think of a way to slow them down once we leave port?"

Spoiler
Show
If Morgus can effectively bring his lightning into action against another vessel that ship will lose 4 points.

Deck of the Laughing Hawk

Captain Mariah Zelt clutched the maps to the Esmerelda's last known location tightly with her left hand. Her plan was simple enough; Follow the Spotted Fish from as comfortable a distance as she could manage, and feel confident that the charts would keep her on course.

Hunters and Scavengers

After the front runners had left port three ships set sail behind them. the Crab Claw, the Hornet and the Grey Lass. Each of them hoping to take advantage of a wounded ship, or perhaps even seize the location of the Esmerelda by force.

Spoiler
Show
Should a ship fall under 6 the Scavengers will catch up with them. Provided no one falls to 7 the Scavengers will lose their course of the second day and be forced to return to port.
Of course I can- should we get in range, of course. I cannot simply will that our competition be vanquished into oblivion. Morgus hollered back, before leaning over to begin his des- whoa there!- his descent to the deck. Finally hopping down, he dusted off (one of his four layers of) clothes. Should you get me in suitable range, I would be more than happy to smite them with lightning. Though, there would still be one more question remaining regarding this strategy...