1. - Top - End - #710
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40k fluff thread VI: They see me Ward'en, they haten

I thought the 128 survivors thing was from the Crusade of Righteous Liberation, not the Battle for Rynn's World.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/C...ous_Liberation

I was of the opinion that they kept 128 Veterans since that Crusade, which was another time in which they almost lost their whole Chapter (in fact, this seems more disastrous than Rynn's World, aside from the loss of the Fortress Monastery, PDF forces and civilians. But it's 40K, PDF and civilians don't matter.)

EDIT: Is it just me, or are CFs just as unlucky as the Lamenters?

I think that the CFs, being under 500 just now, would probably have 128 Veterans, 150 Marines and about 150 Scouts, as well as a lot of support staff (Apothecaries, Techmarines and Librarians) kicking around. I guess about 200 or so survived Rynn's World. Most of these would be Veterans, or promoted to Veteran status here.

I certainly agree that orange trim would look hideous. I think that the survivors likely won't form into Companies, yet, but would likely form Strike Forces under their officers. I'll pick from the list of survivors to make the officers. Going for the Master of the Watch, since he'll be a biker.

EDIT:

Hmm, I wonder, do CFs use squad markings? And, if they do, what happens when squads from different companies fight together? How do we tell 2nd Company 1st squad from 3rd Company 1st Squad? Maybe the squad markings are different colours.

All I know is that I'm not putting orange on my CF bikers.
    Last edited by bluntpencil; 2012-07-12 at 09:50 AM.