Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
Bolded is very true in my case. I have no problem if I feel I have a chance of making the move, but the bolded statement means that often I have to juggle whether I want to be "seen" as a slut, or go with going ahead and doing what I want. Good example of this is friends with benefits cases - guys who do this get praised and people telling them how awesome they are that they've got such a thing. Girls get people whispering behind their backs calling them a slut - even if they only have one such friends with benefits relationship, and are single.

Double standards are everywhere.
I think we're dealing with a culture gap here.

I went to a big school in the northeast in the US, and nobody had any problems with anybody having "friends with benefits" relationships (nobody calls them that). It was very common, and not considered abnormal, girl or guy.

Then again, the northeast is significantly less religious than the rest of the US, and I think a lot of the "women are supposed to be sexually pure" crap stems from "No sex till marriage" religious views. Those societies have accepted "boys will be boys" but haven't moved forward enough to get the other side of that.

TLDR: theres a good chance people are just talking past each other here. Where I'm from, the "she's a slut" just doesn't seem to be an issue, and yet (mostly younger) girls stilll insist on the games.