Quote Originally Posted by Hullabaloo View Post
Another option might be a metric where enough thumb down votes mean you cant que for 15 days or something of that sort? Something to the end of "was this person not enjoyable to group with?" if not then they dont get the privilege of grouping.
Yeah, because that won't totally get QQ'd about. Or abused. Ever.
In all seriousness, LFR is just that place where you have to put up bad with players behind the curve. The good players can carry the bad ones, though I wonder if that will be the case anymore in MoP. But hey, if things are too hard, they'll just nerf it. Hopefully they'll nerf LFR first and leave Normal and Heroic alone, but whatever.

To fix it, it would have to be a smaller pool that your LFRs come out of. Maybe pool 3-5 servers together? But that would (greatly?) increase your que time. The cure might be worse then the sickness.
Do you recall what que times were like for 5 man heroics at the beginning of Cataclysm, prior to making the que system access all servers, not just Battlegroups? Yeah, I wouldn't look forward to that.
Also, smaller sample size doesn't mean you get less derps per capita.
No offence to you, but I find it funny when people suggest things such as this to make the accessable community smaller rather than bigger. Smaller sample size does mean (in theory) there are less good players to go around. Look at small population servers, and how they complain they can't find 10 people to raid normal modes, while larger servers (like mine) are pugging 6/8HM DS.

If I go DPS and AFK, or put out auto attack DPS, no one knows until the loot roll. So I still get my chance. But whats the chance anyone will remember me?
Now, here's the thing that gets me.
Bad players want me to ignore their bad play because they're having an off day, and effectively not remember them. Point of interest, I do give most players the benefit of the doubt until they perform badly multiple times. I don't immediatly call out a bad player when I see one in LFR or LFD.
Good players want me to acknowledge their good play and remember them.
Perhaps the solution is less (negative?) exclusion and more (positive?) inclusion. Just in a different way. If there were better methods to group up with players you knew or remembered (positively one would hope). Focus on who you do want to play with rather than those you don't want to play with.

Again, 8/8H, focusing on who I do want to play with is part of why I'm as successful as I am.