Deck of the Plunderer's Folly,
26th of Amber's Fall

As the Plunderer’s Folly sped across the waves towards the last known location of the Esmerelda, Tillik eyed the open waters around them.

Surely if one hunt-master has chosen to seek this prey, others will as well.

The noise and frenzied activity of the ship’s crew was a welcome return to what he had come to expect of his new home; this moving hive truly seemed to come alive once away from land and challenging wind and wave.

Now if only I knew of a method of preventing the salt air and spray from interfering with the growth of my wings; then I could serve the hunt-master as a Tritak blade-master should.

Even a quick buzzing of his four wings, their rapid motion leaving a brief rainbow of shifting color in the air, was enough to tell the kodari that they were far from ready. They lacked the strength and proper rigidity to carry him aloft for any length of time; for now, he would have to make do without the gift that made his bloodline special among the soldier caste.

Turning away from the edge of the ship, Tillik headed towards the tiller, where he expected to find the Captain and hopefully their elven...what was the word the humans used…allies.

"Hunt-master, this one requests clarification of our mission. When we arrive at our destination, what are the priorities of the hunt?"