View Single Post

Thread: Six Sided DnD?

1. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Six Sided DnD?

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Burning Wheel is by no means the anti D&D. It's very similar in a lot of ways, it just tends to focus inwardly upon the characters in the party, their relationships with each other, and their relationships with the setting. Still, in many ways it is quite similar - the magic, the few monsters, the races, the focus on subsystems, so on and so forth. It's closer to one persons D&D style fantasy game that is actually very good than anything else, and the drastic differences in underpinning systems doesn't change that.
    Yeah, this. (See also: the Burning THAC0 hack of the game.) To clarify my statement, Burning Wheel is a love letter to the D&D experience, meshed with traditional fantasy. A bit old-school, too, in what it focuses on. But I digress.

Also, the note on Chainmail is interesting--I hadn't realized it used d6s. Then again, I suppose the d20 came about thanks to D&D...
    Last edited by CarpeGuitarrem; 2012-07-14 at 10:42 PM.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.