1. - Top - End - #763
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Some basic things:

1) Modloader is no longer necessary with the latest edition of Forge which comes with the Forge ModLoader (FML) as part of the package.

2) If you are using an older version which requires ModLoader, make sure it is ABOVE Forge in the TOP mods window (the ones that goes into the .jar)

3) Make sure that your versions of Forge and ModLoader are compatible with the version of the mods you are using

4) Make sure your mods are a) compatible with the above, and b) just need to get dumped into the mods folder

5) If you're getting blockID conflicts, that's not a problem with MagicLauncher. Just go into the config files and change the block ID's to avoid confliction. With the latest edition of Forge, which also incorporates the 4096 fix, it's probably easiest to start off at 400 (vanilla eats up something like 251-388 for some reason, so I just start a 400 since it's the first nice round number after 388 to ensure I avoid problems), take a major mod with a lot of block ID's, and start going down the line with 400, 401... Rinse, wash, repeat with other mods until it runs properly.

6) Make sure the version of MagicLauncher is current.

7) If none of these steps help, try MultiMC, it is somewhat more user friendly, and may be more intuitive for you to use.
    #1 worked. Thank you very much.

#7 is silly. MagicLauncher is about as user-friendly and obvious as they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Try just installing things the normal way, it can be glitchy sometimes with mods not designed for it. Once they've been installed the normal way, you can actually run MagicLauncher on top of this to get the mods that do work with MagicLauncher.
    Do you really think I'd be using something designed to assist in installing mods if I were already capable of installing mods?

Eh, not really relevant any more.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2012-07-15 at 11:33 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.