This game is great... got it on the steam sale a couple of days ago and just started playing it. Per advice on here I played an Irish character (the Count of Desmond). My original character had grand plans, and was attempting to make claim on Ormond when he was murdered by his eldest son Tadg... who happened to also be his spymaster. Unfortunately the murder became public knowledge, turning most of the court against me and losing a lot of the stability I felt I had previously. The situation was not helped by being excommunicated on the word of the earl of Ormond and then being invaded by the King of England! He deposed Earl Tadg and installed his 10 year old son as ruler... with Tadg as Regent. This can't possibly end well...

Question for the people who know this game well: I want to play it as a sort of background thing if possible: what is the best way to go about this? I've found the windowed mode, and am wondering about how many messages I should have as autopause and what speed to run the game on?