Siv accompanies the pallbearers, frowning in puzzlement. "Why wouldn't they want him in hallowed ground if he was a necromancer? The whole point of consecrating graveyards is to prevent the dead from turning into undead, so that's the very best place to put someone who was into the whole undead thing! Unless you cremate the corpse, of course, but it doesn't look like they do that here, which they should because there's soooo much necromancy in Ustalav." She pauses for breath.

"And why didn't he tell me he was a necromancer? I don't judge other wizards for their specialties! I mean, necromancy is boring and kind of icky what with the rotting flesh and stuff, but I'm sure he had good reasons for studying it! If he did and they're not being stupid and thinking all wizards are necromancers. I wonder if his spellbook and journals are still around?"

Oh. Wait. "Oops, you're supposed to be quiet at human funerals, aren't you? Shutting up right now!" Siv mimes zipping her mouth shut. Human funerals are so boring. Maybe she can get the Professor's other friends to help her give him a proper gnomish sendoff if there's a tavern around here! One of them is a musician, so they'll have music, and she's got a spell prepared for fireworks...