1. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Magic: The Gathering Thread XIV: Instant Annoying, Just Add Hexproof

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    My guess is that it'll be in something other than an expansion set, so as to not end up in Standard.
    Why?

No, seriously, what's wrong with Tarmogoyf entering Standard? And before you say "it's too powerful!" I'd like to point out as far as I can tell it didn't break the format back when it was originally printed (remember, it was Standard legal in the Time Spiral block!), and creatures are generally more powerful now meaning it'd stand out even less.

It's kind of like how at one point Force of Nature was probably considered really good, but nowadays is mediocre compared with cards like Terra Stomper. Or how Mind Twist was once considered so broken it was actually banned in Vintage, but now is unrestricted and barely sees any play.
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    when it comes to modern some staples will probably just not get re-printed. I mean where in a standard format where giant growth isn't legal, and giant spider is about to rotate. I see goyf and dark confidant being two to bite the dust, or replaced with less insane versions.
    Uh...huh? Trying to replace them with "less insane" versions (and I wouldn't call them insane anyway, they're not that good) won't change a thing, people will keep playing with the originals. You'd have to print something better to discourage people from playing with them.
    Last edited by Lord Seth; 2012-07-15 at 08:43 PM.