View Single Post

Thread: Skyrim V: Skyrim

1. - Top - End - #745
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim V: Skyrim

They're also not that happily compliant.
    Spoiler
    Show
    When you find everyone's favourite Necrophiliac sitting on his throne with a couple of his spectral hookers waiting on him, there's a soul gem on a pedestal nearby. That's the control mechanism he keeps them under his sway with. Take away the soul gem and they react pretty much as one would expect a bunch of violent, wrathful spirits with one hell of a grudge against him would react.

They're still hostile toward you afterwards, and you'll probably have to put the spirits out of their misery to get out of the cave, but I always make a point of doing that when I complete the quest. I figure the spirits deserve their chance to vent.

EDIT: Also, while that quest was gross as hell, that wasn't the most disturbing quest in Skyrim for me. Not by a long shot. That dubious honour goes to Frostflow Abyss, better known as "That creepy ****ing quest in the lighthouse near Dawnstar".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Descending down through the caves of the Falmer, finding the slaughtered family with the diaries detailing what happened to them. By the time I found the daughter whose suicide note described watching her father get weaker and weaker, and then ending with "I don't know where he kept this dagger but I think I know why he gave it to me" before the page is obscured by her own blood.... brr. That's the point where I lost any and all sympathy for the Falmer for what the Dwemer did to them. Killing them stopped being a chore at that point - hunting them down and killing them at every chance just became the right thing to do.
    Last edited by Tergon; 2012-07-16 at 04:03 AM.
    ...but of course that's just my opinion.