View Single Post

Thread: Thattaman's Haunting of Harrowstone

1. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Thattaman's Haunting of Harrowstone

Siv sniffles, pulling a pink handkerchief out of her sleeve and dabbing her eyes. She isn't nearly as eloquent as this Varisian guy, but she isn't about to leave Professor Lorrimor's funeral without saying something. As Grim leaves the stage, Siv puts her handkerchief away and walks up to the grave.

"Many people in this country don't really like or trust gnomes or wizards, and I'm both. It was lonely when I came to Ustalav at first... until I met Professor Lorrimor. He treated me like a person instead of a weird fey thing. He helped me learn about what to do and not do in a human country, and told me all about his adventures and magic! It was great. The Professor was exactly the kind of person I had hoped to meet when I left my home, a truly interesting person who thought I was interesting too.

"Professor Lorrimor was a real inspiration to me. I wish I could have spent more time with him. But let's not spend this time being sad for ourselves, people! He's gone on a journey to the Outer Planes, and as long as somebody remembers a person they're not truly gone. The gnomish custom is to celebrate somebody's life after they die, to talk about all the fun and interesting things they did and generally have a good time in their honor. So on that note..."
    Siv makes a few gestures with her free hand, speaking the mystic words that tell the universe what she wants it to do.

Fireworks shoot into the sky, brighter and more colorful than anything alchemy can produce. The display is silent at first until the gnome calls upon her innate powers over sound. Not only do they start making the whistling and crackling of ordinary fireworks, music fills the air with a jaunty tune that the Professor always requested when there was a minstrel around. Among the fire-blossoms above them, more fireworks spell out:

FAREWELL PROFESSOR LORRIMOR!

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Silent Image, followed by the gnome spell-like ability Ghost Sound.
    Last edited by Phasm; 2012-07-16 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Well if SANE science could fix this problem it would have been done already