1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Soul Weaver: Binder of Souls [3.5e] (PLEASE PEACH)

Soul Weaver
    This project is going to be big. Very big. I always enjoyed reading about how in ancient myths wizards bound demons and angels to their will and manipulated souls into doing their bidding. The closest D&D has is Charm Monster and spells like Gate and Planar Ally.

For me these aren't the way to fufill these myths. So I created a class called the Binder (which isn't related to the Tome Of Magic Binder). But after starting the class it had a few problems.

Firstly it was very complicated compared to the rest of 3.5.
    Secondly it relied on my making a lot of very very very large tables.

Now I have realised (with help from this forum) this "class" isn't just a class. It is a whole new system, with completely different mechanics for enchanting items, creating golems, empowering characters, controlling minions, making permanent spells, and new feats.

So I've turned this class into a Project, which I'll slowly complete over time over the course of several threads. In this thread shall be the Binder Class, and its spell list.

As they are the glue which holds it all together and from which everything comes and returns to.

I hope for help from the forums in helping making this system balanced and complete. And thank you for all the help I've had so far.

Note: Here are the creatures of the Monster Mannual and all the Binder Traits/Taints.

Also Will Checks are will saves, but they are against another creature, rather than protecting you from attacks.

Contents
    1. Chapter One: Binder Class
    2. Chapter Two: Binder's Spell List
    3. Chapter Three: Binder Specific Feats
    4. Chapter Four: Deeds
    5. Chapter Five: Animation
    6. Chapter Six: Auras
    7. Chapter Seven: Bonding
    8. Chapter Eight: Enchanting
    9. Chapter Nine: Innvocation
    10. Chapter Ten: Phylactery
    11. Chapter Eleven: New Spells
    12. Chapter Twelve: Race's of the Soul
    13. Chapter Thirteen: Prestige Classes
    14. Chapter Fourteen: Creatures of Binding
    15. Chapter Fifteen: Binders in Keran
    16. Chapter Sixteen: Binder Feats
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-07-25 at 08:46 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png