View Single Post

Thread: The Journal of Herlam Corkwill - IC

1. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: The Journal of Herlam Corkwill - IC

"Hells Bells!"

With a shout, Ryn almost leaps backwards in shock as the barrel explodes. That had not been what he had expected to happen when he slammed into it!

The surprise was enough to break through, for but a breathe, the battle fury he'd summoned. As he stared at the flames, trained instinct guided his hand and he lashed out at the dwarf rolling past, without even looking. The shock running up his arms and the the clang of the blow hitting armor brought him back to himself.

Heedless of the flames roaring around him, or his singed clothing or burnt skin, Ryn throws his head back with a bark of laughter.

Truly, there was no greater reminder that battle is a fickle thing, he thinks to himself as he returns to a combat stance.

Apparently, fate agreed that battle is fickle. Barely had he set his feet again then the other human attempted to trip Ryn, hooking his leg and attempting to pull him down.

Humor and irony ran as fury once more took center stage; with a snap, his battle fury came back into focus. With a shout of "Badaulder!" Ryn whipped his leg back, resisting the other mans attempt to pull him down and attempting to rip his weapon from his hands in turn.

Ryn watched as the other man kept his feet, but he was forced to unhook Ryn's leg to do so. Full of fury, Ryn displays a grin more feral then humorous. The other man was weaker then him; that much he was sure of, but when trying to trip him, he had made up for it with skill.

Ryn resolved to try and prevent him from getting another chance.

Still wearing that same grin, fury calling out to smash his opponent, Ryn takes a stride forward and brings his blade down.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm gonna go with a +4 Power Attack hit here.

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show
    AoO vs Dwarf: (1d20+11)[22]

Damage vs Dwarf:(2d6+9)[19]
    Here's the attack and dmg vs the dwarf, for the AoO. I tried to keep it ambiguous if I hit him or not (I could have gone through the armor, or just bounced off).

Strength check to avoid Trip: (1d20+6)[14]

Strength check to try and trip Doroga: (1d20+6)[7]
    Here's my resisting his trip, and then trying to trip him in turn (or more correctly, trying to make him drop his weapon). It failed, so I went ahead and wrote that straight in, rather then keep it ambiguous.

Rolling Attack to hit Doroga, Dirty Melee Round 4: (1d20+7)[24]

Rolling Damage vs Doroga, Dirty Melee Round 4: (2d6+17)[20]
    And here's my attempt to pound him into the dust, on my initiative.
    Last edited by Keylac; 2012-07-16 at 07:46 PM.