Castaras: Turn around. Yeah, it's nerve-wracking anticipating a big exam ... or anything, really. Sometimes the anxiety gets so bad it's hard to concentrate on studying, which is what one needs to do, of course: and so the snowball effect begins.

You probably already study every day. Do you give yourself a cut off time? I study and write the same way I go to work: a report in at the same time each day, work for the same number of hours, then quit when the time is up. I don't work late, nor do I skip out early, because the first leads to burnout and the second will get me fired.

Good luck!

Blue Ghost: If you are that worn out helping your friend, and your friend has made little or no progress, then it is likely that help is not what your friend is looking for. You are enabling that person. For your own sake as well as your friend's sake, it it time to stop.

I'm sure it is more complicated than that, and that your friend is a good person. However, the red flag of enablement is that the helper gets worn out.

You've been going through these depressions chronically. It is time that you did what you've advised others to do: get yourself some help. As you rightly observe, it will be much harder to cope with this in the middle of the semester, so now is the time to act. Please talk to yyour parents about this today.