Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
Does the live-action version of "Speed Racer" count?
Does Samurai Jack count? (I have cosplayed as him).
Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
I have pretty close to zero knowledge of what qualifies as anime, so I didn't say Miyazaki. His work would be first, with Princess Mononoke being my favorite of his.
Short version? Anime = Japanese cartoons.
Long version? Anime = Japanese cartoons, often based on manga series or games (including many ero games, but most such anime may not even have any ecchi in it quite a bit of the time), distantly based on Disney cartoons in the past.

The only non-Japanese cartoons I've seen being counted as anime were the Avatar series.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
Still haven't seen much Miyazaki. You have no idea how difficult it is around here to find his DVDs. The only shop I found that had them (or any Anime, really) only had the god-awful German Language version.And I couldn't find any working torrents for some reason.
Oh gods, yes. One of my friends likes to have those movies on DVD and I believe he was pretty lucky in getting a copy of Ponyo here.

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
But,
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Evangelion
Trigun
Bokurano
Hellsing

Probably my A-list? Not counting stuff like Miyazaki movies (who doesn't like those?). I might be forgetting something...
I have to admit out of those, I've only seen one Ghost in the Shell movie (the first one, I think?) and Evangelion halfway through (then I stopped because I wasn't into mecha or the psychological stuff, though later I proceeded to watch anime with elements of either). Well, and one episode of Hellsing. () I haven't heard of Bokurano though, what is that one about? Cowboy Bebop and Hellsing are still on my to-watch list. I should probably make a permanent one of those...

I actually have an Animelist account, but haven't used it much, so I haven't updated it with all the little anime I've seen (or correctly kept track of the bigger names, like Naruto and Shaman King).

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
Rerailing:
What makes you think the thread was off the rails?

As said earlier, I am currently working on another big thing, which is looking like it will include over a hundred listed items. As such, I'll be taking a look at your stuff, but it will have to wait until quite a bit later, 'mafraid.