It seems like the mixture of fear and guilt are finally getting to the prisoner.

Shut up! That wasn't me, I didn't know anything about that little girl.. I... They just told us to wait for the signal! Once we heard the signal, we were supposed to take off the blinders and go. They didn't say there would be innocents, they didn't say anything about it! We just had our instructions, we were supposed to follow them or it would be very bad for us. Once the blinders were off it was too late, we were already killing. You don't just turn back at something like that, not with this crowd.

The prisoner looks close to tears now, it would appear that he has been suppressing any guilt he might have felt, ignoring the scale of the atrocities he has committed.

Oh gods, that poor little girl. Why? What was the purpose? They were all innocents..

His eyes narrow suddenly.

You rusthead bastards! You don't even care about that little girl, do you? Not even a shred. This was a trick, something to get me to say too much! No more, you won't fool me again.

His expression hardens and he resumes staring at the ground.