Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
I still don't buy the love triangle -- it feels like they're just pushing it too hard, not like something that organically happened. Agatha's initial relationship with Gil felt organic. Hell, I could even buy her relationship with Tarvek as being something organic with a bit more work.
I agree. The relationship between Gil and Agatha grew organically on-screen. The one between Tarvek and Agatha was more complicated, because at first she was pretending to be someone else, and later because she was a prisoner and Tarvek was walking a line with Lucrezia. They never had a chance to be at ease and get to know each other. We saw Gil's fondness for Agatha grow, Tarvek apparently fell for her basically at first sight, which feels a bit more false and shallow by comparison.

It didn't help that the arc where we met him, Tavek seemed to switch between good guy and bad guy every few pages. Tarvek's destruction of Agatha's clanks might have been done for her own good, but at the time it seemed like a betrayal because he didn't even bother to explain why he had to do it. And he still helped Lucrezia with things he didn't have to, like giving her the Spark Wasp and putting the clank head onto Anveka's body. That arc could have done a better job if it wanted to show Tarvek as a viable love interest.