Quote Originally Posted by GuyFawkes View Post
Wayfarer's Point, The Marketplace
25th of Amber's Fall, 10:15
Rescue of Arukumedez

Spoiler
Show

"Can't help it, ya know? Gotta work to eat, and this is the best work I got. Don't worry, I won't be gone too long. I know you'll be missing me so I'll do my best to hurry back into your waiting arms," he replied before bursting into a fit of laughter. "And we'll probably be leaving very early tomorrow so it's okay if you don't see me off. Maybe we could just have dinner together, the three of us, and whoever of our friends stop by later."

While he talked and laughed, his mind took the situation into context. He had wanted to distract Non, but now he wondered how he could excuse himself to go back and help Myst. He also thought about asking Non's help, but Myst told him not to let her know about it.

"Say Non, did you move Aru...something? You know, the owl? I didn't see it by its usual place earlier when I left." Clive just blurted out the question nonchalantly.

25th of Amber's Fall, Morning

"Rescue of Arukumedez"

10:20
Clive

Spoiler
Show

Non thinks and then closes her eyes for one second. Then to open again and shake her head. "No, I didn't move Arukumedez. But he wasn't by the door when I left. Probably Myst moved him to another place to change the atmosphere a little." Non replies.

"And we should have dinner! Of course, you're having Bukiya Inn's food anyway." She laughed. Then, taking a step away, she turned to point at her basket.
"If you aren't leaving, then I will be going to finish shopping! There are a lot of chores to do today too. Please don't leave without telling us, ok?"