1. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Thank you, Mike. Thank you so very much for the wonderful evening, Amy thinks, sarcastically, as she sits blindfolded in a strange room. She sighs. Can't keep blaming him, can she? She has made her thoughts on the matter very clear, and now is probably the time to stop thinking about what's happened and start thinking about how to, you know, survive in the days to come.

When the blindfold is finally dropped, Amy turns around to look at the other people in the room None of them has fangs is her first thought, which she supposes is her brain's polite way to say 'none of them are hideous monters like you'. Well, Mike had warned her about that, at the very least. He had said that this particular curse is only of the Nosferatu. Aren't I so very luc... Wait, i know that guy.

That guy is the young man sitting on her immediate left. Amy mentally substitutes the gray suit with a hoodie, adds a swagger and an assured smile... She has saen him sometimes at the shop. More often than not with a thick smell of smoke surrounding him, and not cigarette smoke, either. Well, if I know him, he most certainly won't know me. Amy reminds herself to stop staring. Can't be pleasant having someone like her staring at you, after all.

She stares at her glass without drinking, for a moment, then mentally steels herself and downs the contents. Whatever taste she was expecting, that was not it. It tastes sweet, actually. Well, at least I like it. It would have been awkward if I couldn't stand the taste. She very consciously chooses to not think about where the liquid in her glass is coming from. Now is really not the time.

"Ma'am" she starts. Madam? Miss? Awful abomination from the night? Speaking as a fellow awful abomination, Amy figures it wouldn't hurt to be polite "Would something be requested from me, in particular?" This is the person that chose her, after all, at least according to Mike. She doesn't want to err for lack of etiquette.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-07-22 at 03:27 PM. Reason: italics

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman