1. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Finally, after hesitating for a long while, Conor thought it best to drink. He needed to be stronger, even at the cost of a bit of his sanity. And after his discussion with the other voices, maybe they could help quell it if it was some kind of beast like ZEUS or Ganon.

Even so, he made a cup out of Charter Magic, which would instantly dissolve if he lost concentration, and took a sip, with an anticipatory grimace.

Hmm. Nothing.
    wwell wwhoop dee friggin do. noww, wwere probly gonna get some kinda disease from drinkin this wwater. that wwould certainly fit in wwith our luck so far.
    This doesn't make sense. Why would everyone else get a new voice when we don-
    H-Hello?, says a new voice, with a kind of British accent attached.
    Oh, hi. Welcome to Conor's mind. I don't think we've met, but we don't really need to, seeing as how we are the same person.
    Oh, er, well, wait what? I don't understand. My name is Eleanor. Eleanor...Lamb, though I'm not very proud of my family name. I come from a place, called Rapture.
    My name is Kimiko Ross, roboticist. Nice to meet another of my selves.
    hey there, my name's Eridan Ampora. I'm a sea dwweller, wwhich means I'm basically royalty.
    And I am Lirael, an Abhorsen, which I suppose is kind of an anti-necromancer, and also a Remembrancer, which means I can see into the past to find things out.
    Oh. I, er, see. Well, nice meeting you all, though I heard someone say we're all the same person?
    We are. We are all separate incarnations of the same soul, spread throughout the multiverse. Right now, we're trying to stop the Dark Gods from swallowing everything, along with everyone else you can see through my eyes. We all have our special powers and what-not. Currently, we are all inhabiting my body, which so far has meant that I have control. In an emergency of course, one of you could certainly wrest the controls away. But as long as there is no present danger, I'd like to be able to control myself without falling down due to 5 minds trying to act with 1 body.
    Alright then, I suppose.
    Good, everything's settled.

And then a piercing pain rips through Conor's middle. //It has been taking a lot of abuse lately, no?// He puts a hand there, trying to feel what hurts, when it vanishes with a pop. He feels something weird going on with his eyes. When he looks at his reflection, he sees that they've turned entirely yellow, no pupils or anything. He takes off his glasses, as they only make his vision blurry now. Well, would you look at that! He feels tougher, too. And faster. In fact, he just feels better. A thousand tiny injuries, imperfections in muscles, deficiencies deep in the genes of his cells were cured with the tonic of ADAM. He'd played Bioshock. He knew what this was. And he had every Plasmid now, thanks to Eleanor. He let lightning crackle from his fingertips, lightning that was biological in origin, rather than magical. That could have a use. He could make things set on fire with a glance, pick things up and throw them without even getting close to them, anything he wanted. This was power. This was what he needed.

Wait, was that a janitor just now?
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-07-22 at 12:28 PM.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens