1. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Amy nods politely at the offer of a refill, sipping the second glass more slowly and actually trying to decode the taste. She doesn't manage to go behind 'sweet' and 'pleasant'. Prepare yourself, she says. Bummer, I seem to have left my make-up kit in the other purse. Powdering my nose would certainly help my chances now. In a way, that's Amy's way to prepare herself. Taking the entire thing as a joke, even if only in her mind, helps her being calmer.

She turns another look to the others, taking in their faces and their expression, and, once again, she find herself looking at the woman on her right. If Amy is nervous and scared, she doesn't even want to think about what... Danielle, was it? is thinking right now. She honestly feels for the girl. And associating in any way with her in this moment won't certainly be a good first impression to make on my part, would it? But...screw that. Amy looks down for a moment at her hands Not too bad, the skin is gray, but I don't have...talons or anything like that, then reaches out on her right and squeezes briefly Danielle's arm, in a silent gesture of support.

In that exact moment, the other girl comes forward and introduces herself. Apparently, she's had more or less the same idea as Amy. Good. I guess there are more than some decent people even among vam... kindreds. That is a relief.
    Last edited by Strawberries; 2012-07-23 at 06:10 AM.

"Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot" - N.Gaiman, The Sandman