1. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Somehow, his attempt to calm everyone down didn't quite seem to work as intended. You better do as I'm sayin', folks. This is all foregone conclusions here. There's just no way they don't already know what they gotta know, and none of us got a chance 'less we at least -look- like we know what we's doin'. They had to realise that much. They could not be that thick. So get chill, and stay chill, and nothing can happen. They's gonna try and kill that girl, and unless we's at our best against that bull****, she is actually gonna die, and we'll be guilty. Trust me, guys, when I say things like that, it's just because I got a plan, okay? At least the ugly one - didn't he recognise that voice from somewhere? - was now laughing, so at least he had had some positive effect with this. Two positive effects. Erica had, after all, just smiled at him. "M'pleasure, Miss Erica. Anything else I can help with, you ask, alright?"

And for the maybe less positive ones, he had just been adressed by Rick. Sort of. "Outta body though? Only kinda. Was dreamin'. Weird stuff. Chalked it up to bloodloss, really." He shrugged. Not like anyone needed to know about him having long and much-needed talks with people his subconscious pretended to be before dying and then waking up while chained in a basement. "Also, private investigator? Like Humphrey-Bogart-type stuff 'n' crap?" He briefly imagined this guy with a hat and coat on, narrating to himself while stalking dark alleys in search of blood and criminals. "That's kinda badass. I was in... sales, up to now." P.I.s mean "cops", and "cops" mean "bad for business". Except Steve. But what are the odds that this guy got any hang on that? No need to get our stress on in here, at any rate. "Mainly just cheap merchandise, like 'em little keyrings and watches and stuff, y'know? Anyway, if noone minds, I'mma take the rear when we're going in." Can't walk behind Erica, maybe check out what the others got. And get a grip on the situation. Stay in control, Faruq, stay in control.
    Last edited by Worlok; 2012-07-23 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Scottish Scumbag Smoothness.