1. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Deathknell Chronicles IC, Chapter 1: Eyes Open

Ok Danielle thought, not even going to hear me out on helping them, well that was to be blunt expected a call home to avoid a possible manhunt - and thereby buy some time for the vampires to concoct some believable lie as to why she had gone missing after they killed her so that no one would investigate and her mother would be safe, was probably to much to hope.

She flinched again when the hideous woman smiled back, she hated herself for it, she had seen two deaths tonight not including her own, and in fairness she had not flinched then, get a grip, actually that was it, it was the atmosphere of waiting and expecting the worst, it used to happen at fights to what if I lose, what if I stumble, what if I get hurt, eventually it became what if I hurt them, and the lesson was have a glass of water and calm down, do your best and don't worry about something if it hadn't happened then plan against it, if it had then learn from it, the thought was something of a revelation to her, but it always was when she worried at fights.

Taking her refilled jug she finished drinking and tested her leg finding it healed, do what you have to it is to late to worry now, they are the monsters not me, darkly she added not yet but it was mostly for internal humour, poking fun at herself.

The trail will be short Donovan had said, likely meaning that the outcome was certain and as privilege had been used to describe prosecuting her likely not in her favour. "If this is one of those trials where the lawyer gets executed at the end if their client loses I would prefer to have Al avoid that", she stated flatly, Al for whatever reason had helped her and she didn't want to see her die.

At the odd man's comment on 'it's jus' a formality' she actually barked a laugh, "Yea that what I'm thinking too ... but thanks for pointing it out", she stuck her head ruefully, well at least there is a sense of finality to it, and I won't have to hurt anyone considering unless there is a trial by combat in which case I think I will hurt someone.

She looked at the woman as she approached, half expecting some sarcastic comment like she might have heard in school for the airheads and was almost taken-aback by the kind words, "I ... appreciate that, but I wouldn't worry really", sighing "in a few weeks and months when you can't meet your friends during the day and at night smell them as food, when you can't go home for Christmas or for birthday parties, well you might not think the trade-off is worth it you might even envy me never even having a chance to deal with it", smiling "not that I won't try to survive, but that is for other reasons", considering namely to protect mom, find Katrina if possible and provide some solace to the families of the poor girls Billy killed, and any others I can.

Seeing the monster's - no Amy's - hand on her arm she almost flinched again, but didn't she was more relaxed now that she had accepted things, she looked at the woman more carefully, and hoped she had not heard her words as they might be even more true for her, "Thank you", on impulse she hugged the other woman briefly, "for the attempt at least", she might need a hug too after the night and she would have to live in this world now.

Hearing the big man speak, "no visions, but I was drugged at the time so I don't remember anything ... can't say that that is something I regret to be honest", shrugging "so likely a useless answer for your interest".

Looking back to Claire, "I think I should go last, wouldn't want them making mistakes and killing you instead", she smiled but she was serious, the woman was seemingly decent and she didn't trust these wackos not to make a mistake like that and blame it on her.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2012-07-23 at 02:33 PM.