Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
So, getting back into magic again. I built an MBC/Midrange deck, and it actually tied for first place at FNM last Friday (Granted, this is mostly because better players, with better decks, were paired against each other while my round 3 opponent's deck completely and totally failed him, and round 4 was a roughly even match I won because I had more threats)

The deck
Spoiler
Show

Lands:
24 Swamps (How Many Ghost Quarters should I add? One of my most painful matchups in casual play was against nephalia drownyard)

Creatures:
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Geralf's Messenger
2x Phyrexian Obliterator

Other Spells
3x Duress
3x Tragic Slip
2x Despise
4x Sign in Blood
2x Go for the throat
2x Black Sun's Zenith
3x Dismember
2x Liliana of the Viel
3x Lashwrithe
2x Mutilate

Sideboard
1x Duress
1x Tragic Slip
1x Lashwrithe
2x Despise
2x Nihl Spellbomb
3x Ratchetbomb
2x Victim of the Night (From here on in, this is just filler that was considered for the deck at one point, and was on hand when I needed to fill out the sideboard)
2x Tribute to Hunger
1x Killing Wave
4 Obliterators, it is that good.
More board wipe, at least in board.
More sac effects, at least in board.
Remove killing wave.

Thoughts? I have a Liliana of the Dark Realms (from the prize packs*), a third Obliterator I traded for, a Batterskull (Which struck me as a pretty nifty way of winning wars of attrition when I saw it in the mirror match), and a pair of Wurmcoil Engines I'm considering putting in, and I know I should probably add some Tormod's Crypts into the sideboard for more graveyard hate.
Don't use crypts, use spell bombs instead, i see you already have some, put more in if you want to but 2 should be enough.
Liliana of the dark realms is not good enough to use.
Batterskull and wurmcoils might work.