1. - Top - End - #192
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars - IC *Still Recruiting*

Well... at least I didn't break any bones...
    Yeah, passing out in front of a rampaging army of demons is much better.
    Hey, I didn't pass out! I just... couldn't move or think clearly...

He stood as an imp leaped towards him. He pointed a closed fist towards it and released the energy stored in one of his rings. It might as well have been a stuffed animal, the way it flew across the room and smacked into a pillar. It burst into a not-so-cuddly splash of goo.
    My head still isn't entirely clear. We may have gone overboard with the fire.
    We were caught off guard. We will have to have a discussion later regarding the High Summoner's abilities, if she cannot do what you believe her to be capable of.
    My apologies. I am as confused as you are.

A sudden breeze filled the room. As the smoke cleared, he saw Kate dash into their enemies scything them down.
    Let's try to not blow her up this time. She could probably take it, but let's not risk it.
    If she's going in on the ground, I say we take to the air. Now that the room is filled with summoned wind, I should be able to achieve flight.
    I feel like I've waited so long to hear you say that.

He kicked an oncoming demon in the chest, his earthcrafted strength collapsing its ribcage. With that same strength he jumped, throwing in some flips, twists, and turns just because he could. At the apex of his leap, the wind gathered beneath him, holding him aloft.
    Someone seems to have a flair for the theatrical.
    Quiet, you. This is such a strange feeling. It's like I'm swimming without any of the uncomfortable wetness. I could get used to it.
    I hope you're used to it now, because we're going in. I will manage the flight, if someone else feels like handling swordplay.
    Get me my spear, and I'll take care of all of 'em!

Tristan drew a thin metal cylinder from a loop inside his duster and gave it a flick. A moment later he was holding a full-sized spear, not particularly high quality, but he would take care of that. He pinched his fingers together as he ran them along the blade, sharpening the metal. He sealed the gaps in the shaft as well, leftovers from its construction.
    He gripped the spear, twirled it a few times as he got used to its weight and balance. Then he dove into the fray, jabbing, slashing, and skewering his foes, trying to stay out of Kate's way. If the swarm of enemies got too great, he would simple rise into the air and find a less concentrated bunch.
    He was aware of Alex's voice ringing in his ears, and felt a compulsion to set aside his spear and submit. Instead, violet flame burst from his hands, ran up the haft to the blade, and sheathed it in fire. He added to it a strong but subtle firecrafting to inspire courage, with range enough to affect Tristan and perhaps those it was slicing through. The compulsion subsided as he bent into another dive.
    Last edited by mkfuba07; 2012-07-26 at 12:50 PM.