Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
Please note that all of these need approval by Beans before they become canon, as Nycca is their character. Also, these are written from her point of view, so not everything is necessarily accurate.

Dreams and Nightmares - Part 1: Entrance (Talina, Nycca)

Spoiler
Show
I've done what I can, for now. Remnant has been informed that there's a slave-brothel in the Red Zone. Or rather that there's one at a specific place, currently in operation; I'm sure they knew that there were probably dozens, given the size of the district, but sending enough people out to find them is impossible, even with magic, psionics and whatever crazy tech they've got.

Now it's just a matter of doing what I can to help the girls there while I wait, whether with potions when they get sick or just giving them a shoulder to cry on. Nothing else I can do, without getting myself arrested, and probably letting the ones running the place get away in the process. So why do I feel like crap for not doing more?

Dreams and Nightmares - Part 2: Cleansing Flames (Talina, Nycca)

Spoiler
Show
It's been two weeks, and Remnant has done nothing. Apparently, it was easier for them to 'misfile' my report than actually do something about it. Bloody bastards.

But it doesn't matter now, I suppose. The place is burning merrily as I write this, despite the drizzle. Turns out they weren't expecting the 'healer-witch' who came in and tended to the girls to be able to sling combat spells for some reason. Guess they didn't realize that when most of what you do is sympathetic magic, anyone clever and with power can figure out all sorts of nasty things...

Anyway, everyone is out now. Finding work for them, and a place to stay in the meantime, is going to be hard, but they seem to be pretty resilient, so at least they should be mostly okay once I have. Not that they're fine, of course, but they will recover, with time and help.

Or most of them will, anyway. I'm worried about one in particular; a batgirl of some kind. From what one of the others could tell me - she wouldn't, or couldn't, speak, and I didn't push her - her name is Nycca, and she just... Stopped eating soon after she was captured. Poor girl looks like she was in one of the Veilking's prison camps back in the Starsong War. But all I can do is my best, and pray to Chaedarcha she recovers, and worrying about her here isn't going to help, even if it does make me feel better.

I'll try to write review later, I suppose. I'm not all that good at them, and I've lost track of those stories I was following at some point...
IS BEST THING.
Cnor is credit to story thread!