Lelouch
"Threats. How...common." He said, a little disdainfully. "Still, I have done you wrong, and for that I apologize. And as long as you do nothing to harm me, I shall do you the same courtesy." He turns back to Gary. Shiki turned out to be a fairly dull, brooding conversationalist.
He wonders a little at this world Gary presents. A tiny macro-culture, mostly left alone, in a world where difference had so often been a cause for destruction, where all power was put to use. Someone knew. But they kept it hidden, whether out of some charity, or out of a desire to save them for later, he didn't know. But neither did Gary, and his own coming to this school suggested that the life he had so far enjoyed was coming to an end. "I see. Then I suspect you are right. They are indeed involved."
Shame about wasting his geas on the general. The man had thrown it off in minutes, while answering only a fraction of his questions, which were both something he still didn't quite understand, and was now immune. He'd have to start looking again. "Well, there's something worth investigating. Perhaps you could give me a location from where this wavelength originated?"