Kate stood amidst the corpses of the recently slain demons, watching their blue auras dissipate, panting slightly.

"Um, we've got two new allies, I think. And two others are about to get pinned down, over that way."

"Strange that we didn't fight any of those larger demons till just now...."

"This may have been their plan - wait till we're tired and separated, relatively speaking, and pick as many off as possible with their heavier hitters. That said, it's likely that this bunch was totally unaware of our capabilities, and was simply caught flat-footed. Or they place less value on their troops than an ant colony, and are willing to fight by attrition. Or this was simply a test, establishing a baseline for future encounters. Don't forget that this place, and our enemies, are old and very powerful; underestimating the threat posed could well be fatal."

'Soooo....I'm going after those demons. Don't need to be losing any allies, at least till we've figured out which ones are bad guys. I'll introduce myself later.' With that, she reformed Invisible Air and leapt for the Butchers, intending to scatter them with Strike Air and fall on them with sword and gun.