Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Queen View Post
So, I as thinking hard about this and I was able to come up with three possible theories as to how Belkar will meet his end. I'll list them from most likely to least likely.

Very likely theory: Belkar will die while everyone's fighting Xykon. He'll go down like a badass and repeatedly taunt the lich even while he's clearly hanging on to his last few threads of life.

Likely theory: Belkar's death will be sudden and anticlimactic. To quote TV Tropes, Rich will Drop a Bridge on Him.

Unlikely theory: Belkar will die during an act of redemption, such as sacrificing himself to save his friends (Ha!) or Mr. Scruffy. Oh, and he'll admit he loves Vaarsuvius. (Just a joke!)
I'm firmly of the opinion that if Belkar's death was dramatic in either direction, the story would have been better served by not warning us. All of the Oracle's predictions would only have served to undermine one of the comic's most impactful moments.

However, if the manner of death is "unworthy" then all the warning we've had is creating drama rather than lessening it. Since the audience has already accepted the death then we don't need a significant ending to justify it.