Kate looked on in frustrated horror as the Butchers began reassembling the fallen demons, while stomping and stabbing those around her. She tried to think, and called to the other Personae: "OK, here's my thought. Someone who can use fire, try to burn that crap, we should be tough enough to take it if it goes up. That doesn't work, someone with science-y/analyze-y powers figure out what direct contact with said crap will do to us. It's safe, we take out those big guys, and go from there; it's not, we use wind to control it's flow till one of you can contain it. Thoughts?"

'Incidentally, Canaan, I'm not making much headway here. Can you interpret this any better? What's with this gas? Safe? Flammable? What?'

"Give me a moment...."

"For what it's worth, due to the duel nature of science and magecraft, we should, theoretically, be fully resistant to any ill effects the gas could have. I'd rather not risk it till other options are exhausted, of course."

"And I'd rather we not be the ones casting the proposed solutions. We're starting to run low; we need to give it a bit, recharge some so we don't run dry in the clutch."

Kate readjusted her grip, and noticed Rob wading into hell. She called "HEY! Do something flame-y! Or at least go for the damned leaders!"