Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
The Typhoon may do less damage per shot BUT it has an in build armour reduction ability. Something like ignoring half of the armour on the target. That is why it chews through targets better than the Revenant - against armoured targets it does more damage per shot, more accurately.
Does it?

I've been trying to find the info on new weapons, but I can't. I know the Reegar carbine has a damage multiplier against shields, so my knee jerk "weapons don't do enter against specific health types" is already wrong. And the acolyte destroys any type of kinetic barrier...

So why doesn't the wraith deal more damage to armor like it says it's designed for? Why don't SMGs have a damage bonus against shields? That was a fun mechanic.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
Been playing around with my Destroyer, and I must say that it has made soldiers fun again, without a doubt. It's everything that the Soldier class should be. A bunch of grenades and "Set-it-and-forget-it" powers that you only have to turn on once a match. Those are exactly the kinds of powers a class built around the use of weapons needs. I can use the best (and heaviest) weapons without worrying about crippling my character. Since I don't have to worry about establishing a rhythm with my powers, I can focus on using my weapons, and-Good Lord!- this class has enough bonuses to weapon damage to actually make me feel like I'm not wasting my time on gold difficulty every time I pull the trigger. I've been sticking to using the Phaeston and the Claymore so far. I can tear through just about anything I need to with those weapons.
Aye, the destroyer is the class I'm looking most forward to. I want the paladin because it's thematic. I want the slayer because I am, at heart, a vanguard. I want the destroyer because he will be fun.