Missy's Place 2.0

Jyarl doesn't say anything about Javert possibly being the reason Jefferies is alive, but Missy will see that his expression is enough of an answer. His jaw is clenched and he's obviously restraining himself from saying something that they'd both regret. After a moment, he closes his eyes to try and control his emotions and breathing.

Vas' Place

Vasquez gives a sigh and sets her good hand on Gus' arm as she relaxes against him, feeling worried. "Maybe." She says quietly before turning to give him a kiss on the cheek. "Now, I have to go to work and place a few bets. I'll see you both later."

Rec Center

"Alright folks! Gather 'round, it's time for the betting pool to begin on Remnant's newest Couple-to-be!"
Taul says as he stands behind the bar, underlining "Halifax + Jyarl" on a whiteboard before writing down the names of the people in the Recreation Center. Once that's done, he spins back around with a grin on his face. "Alright! Everyone knows the rules! Keep all private information about the couple to yourself, otherwise it's no fun for the rest of us. That said, the bets are about when they're established together. Whether that means as an actual couple or just bed-buddies is up to you. I'll place the odds. Now, lets begin!"

"Never!" Tracey shouts. "It'll never happen. Fifty bucks!"

At that, Taul sighs. "Now that's the easy bet, Tracey. One'll get three. Anyone else want the same?"

"Put me down for 20 on that."
Carol says from her place on the edge of the pool table.

At that, Taul writes down the names and numbers just as Alice speaks up. "Fourty on it having already happened!" She shouts with a grin before Taul raises an eyebrow at her. "Now Alice, we all know you're privy to more information than us, but no need to rub it in our faces. Besides, it hasn't snowed here and pigs aren't flying yet." He tells her with a grin as he writes down her name and bet. "1:10 odds. Also, come up here and grab your winnings from the Vas/Jake/Gus pool." He tells her as he pulls out a massive bag of coins and sets it on the bar.

"Hah! So that's who won the bet!"
Vasquez says as she leans against the doorway with a smirk. "And set me down for 100 on two weeks."

The priest grins and writes down the bet, putting 1:4 on it.

"And I'll put 75 on her getting both of them!"
Dizzy shouts from the rear. "Both of who?!?" Taul shouts back, looking confused.

"Jyarl and Magtok! In two weeks time!"

There's several winces and a couple nods as Taul taps his chin as he figures out the odds. "Good luck with that. One for seventy-five. Chances are that Jyarl and Magtok would kill each other first. Any other takers?"